Your emblem is made of premium quality polished surgical stainless steel. Laser engraving is permanent. With proper care, your emblem's gold plating may last for years depending on your body chemistry, how often and where you wear it.
- Take off your emblem at night and gently rub it with a lint-free cloth or eyeglasses cloth (if available).
- From time to time, clean your emblem with a combination of mild soap and warm water. Soak for a few minutes. Rinse well with clean water and dry with a soft lint-free cloth. Avoid jewelry cleaners and polishing cloths.
- Store your emblems separately on their respective Theia boxes to prevent them from rubbing against each other, resulting to irreversible dents and scratches.
- When swimming on pools or saltwater
- Chlorine and saltwater accelerate the fading process. If you accidentally wore it while swimming, clean it thoroughly as soon as possible with warm water then dry it with lint-free cloth.
- When exercising
- It is best to take your emblem off when exercising or doing heavy work because sweat reacts with gold.
- When using personal care products (cosmetics, lotions, and sunblock)
- Always wear your jewelry on last, and take it off first.
- Only wear your emblem once you finished applying personal care products on your skin, and have given an allowance of drying time.
- When using cleaning agents
- Chemicals used for cleaning are harsh enough to damage your emblem. Make sure to also take off your emblem before doing cleaning chores.